Friday, Nov 01, 2019 8:00a -
Monday, Nov 04, 2019 4:00p
Coolidge Yoga Brookline
1297 Beacon Street
Brookline, MA 02212
Sports & Active Life
Foundations of Yin Yoga: Yin Yoga Teacher Training
with Emily Peterson
Friday, November 1 – Monday, November 4 (see hours below)
This yin yoga training will provide students with the tools and knowledge necessary to lead an effective yin class, while simultaneously deepening their own yoga practice. Students will walk away from this training having reached new depths of personal healing and awareness.
This training will verse students in the fundamental concepts of yin—what it is, and how and why we do it. It will also demonstrate how yin can be used as a tool for trauma recovery by incorporating mindfulness and a trauma-sensitive environment to establish a safe container for emotional and somatic processing.
Additionally, this training will include an overview of:
· the philosophy and practice of yin yoga
· physical, emotional, and mental benefits of the practice
· the meridians and Five Elements
· four yin sequences with options and modifications
· a look at why fascia and connective tissue are so important
· the intersection of yin, mindfulness, and the brain
· how yin can help with trauma and healing, as well as some simple tools for making yin classes trauma sensitive
· experiential understanding of holding space
· the importance of the pause in between shapes
· sequencing and messaging considerations, as well as practice creating both
· practice teaching
This training is suited for yoga teachers, as well as yogis who have practiced for at least a year and are interested in deepening their practice. Teachers will receive 26 CEUs.
Friday, November 1st - 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 2nd - 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 3rd - 11:45 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Monday, November 4th - 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Cost: $525 / $499 by October 1
All workshops are non-refundable.