https://www.eventbrite.com/e/floral-painting-workshop-with-boston-pollen-tickets-103737860734 Online event
Art, Classes, Virtual & Streaming
We've teamed up with Boston Pollen (www.instagram.com/bostonpollen) to help you learn how to paint florals at home, in our first virtual painting workshop! Join us on Saturday, May 16th at 11 AM, for a FREE beginner class on how to create different types of flowers with various techniques.
This event is FREE , but we encourage you to make a donation to Heart to Cart in lieu of purchasing a ticket. Heart to Cart (https://bit.ly/3bRHJPj) buys groceries for those who need them most. Donations are used to purchase $100 supermarket gift cards, with a focus on the immigrant community in Boston & Chelsea.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Assortment of acrylic paints. Make sure that you have
black & white paints on hand to darken & lighten shades.
- Acrylic brushes of varying sizes. Something like these
would do the trick!
- Canvas, stretched canvas sheet, or acrylic paper
- A water cup for brush cleaning and paint thinning.
- Rag & paper towels.
If you’re looking to purchase paints, canvas, or other materials, we recommend ordering online from www.dickblick.com, or your local art supply store. Shipments currently take up to two weeks, so order today!
*Don't have the materials or don't want to purchase them? No worries! You can use whatever you have on hand such as colored pencils, markers, pens, etc.
Here's How It Works:
- All participants must register via Eventbrite to participate.
- Join the event at 11:00 AM on May 16th.
- Boston Pollen will begin the session at 11:00 AM.
- This session will take place via video chat, over Zoom.
Instructions will be circulated the night before the event.
*Space is limited, so please only sign up if you intend to come. If you can no longer make it leading up to the event, release your ticket to the waitlist.