Sign up for this adventure here as a rider, driver, or non-carpooler: https://p.ridj-it.com/app/trip-detail?id=83249 Alewife
Alewife(Cambridge, MA 02140, USA)
Cambridge,, MA 02140
Meetup, Social Good, Sports & Active Life
Sign up for this adventure here as a rider, driver, or non-carpooler: https://p.ridj-it.com/app/trip-detail?id=83249
Flume Slide Trail to Liberty Spring Trail Loop is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail with Mount Flume being a 4,328 foot mountain and Mount Liberty a 4,459 foot mountain. You must have hiked several 4,000 Footers in NH to join this trip as it is almost 10 miles and has 3,500+ elevation gain along with very steep sections that require some climbing. The steep part is known as the Flume Slide and is one of the Terrifying 25.
If there is time, we will visit Littleton NH, an up and coming town with a brewery and lots of cool shops.
1) Hiking boots or trail runners (absolutely no sneakers)
2) 3 - 4 liters of water + electrolytes
4) Food and snacks (for surplus calories)
3) Map of this hike as found on AllTrails, Gaia, or other source
4) Headlamp (In case it gets dark)