https://www.eventbrite.com/e/esplanade-virtual-5k-presented-by-blue-cross-blue-shield-of-massachusetts-tickets-104040558110 Online event
Charles River Esplanade
Boston, MA 02116
Kid Friendly, Sports & Active Life, Virtual & Streaming
In this uncertain time, the Esplanade has served as a much needed respite for people to walk, bike, run, and breathe fresh air. It has never been a more valuable resource than it has for the last two months.
Now, you can support the park by running in a Virtual 5K hosted by the Esplanade Association! Register for the Esplanade Virtual 5K Presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts and your race entry will benefit the ongoing care and upkeep of the Esplanade!
Running helps reduce stress and provides a free way to improve cardiovascular fitness and strengthen bones. Whether you are running along the Esplanade, or anywhere else in the world, we hope you'll join our virtual community!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Run or walk a 5K anywhere in the world any time between 12:00am on June 1 and 11:59pm on June 7.
- Capture your time (record on your phone, use the app Strava, record via Garmin… however you prefer!) and submit it to us. We’ll list you on the leaderboard at Esplanade.org/Esplanade5K.
- If you take a selfie on your route, share it with us on Twitter (@EsplanadeBoston), Instagram (@EsplanadeinBoston), or Facebook (@EsplanadeBoston) for the chance to be reposted.
- Follow public health guidelines and stay six feet away from other individuals along your route.
- Participants will receive a Virtual Race Bag, including coupons from Athletic Brewing and NOCA beverages. The top three men and women overall will receive a prize pack from Athletic Brewing.
- Bibs are $20 or FREE to service workers (fire, police, medical, etc) and for those who have recently lost their employment or cannot at present afford to buy a virtual race bib.
Wherever you run, we recommend following these guidelines and recommendations to ensure your health and safety:
Health and Safety Guidelines
- Massachusetts residents are required to wear a cloth face covering in public places, including while exercising
- Stay at least six feet away from other people
- Do not congregate in groups
- Participate only in non-contact recreational activities
- Wash hands, use hand sanitizer, and cover coughs and sneezes
- Stay home if you feel sick and/or are part of a vulnerable population
- Respect all closures (playgrounds. Exercise course, ball fields)
- As always, please be kind and share the pathways
- Always pass to the left, keeping at least six feet of distance
- If you are not able to pass with recommended distance, please wait
- If space is constricted, please yield to others and walk in single file when passing
- Keep to manageable speeds and stay right to allow others to pass
- Per park rules, dogs must be on leashes (Yes, even the good dogs)