Sunday, Nov 08, 2020 10:00a -
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy
Medford, MA 02155
Enjoy the views and seasonal colors of Fall! The Fall Foliage series of hikes travels to some of the areas best kept secrets during one of the best times of the year for hiking! Travel along old logging roads and visit two picturesque mountain ponds.
Meet outside the Recreation Department 15 minutes before the start of the hike, Please do not enter the building. Before hiking we will review required equipment, safety protocols, and the route for the hike.
LEVEL 2: Moderate. Walking surface typically on gravel or groomed surfaces with occasional obstacles. May be rough, steep, and involve un-bridged stream crossings.
Please note: All hikes meet at the Waterville Valley Rec. Department (11 Noon Peak, Waterville Valley NH 03256 - (603)-236-4695) 15 min. before listed start time unless otherwise noted. Space is limited.
What to bring:
Clothing appropriate for outdoor travel (non- cotton) Synthetic or wool materials are ideal for cold/ wet environments.
Waterproof/wind proof top and pants
2 insulating layers ( synthetic or wool - non- cotton)
Extra socks (non- cotton)
Warm hat and gloves/ mittens
Hand warmer packets ( hot hands)
Water 2-3 liters (insulated container helps prevent freezing)
Trail lunch and snacks ( lightweight & high energy foods)
Personal items (cell phone, camera, medications, etc)
Headlamp/ flashlight with new batteries
A smile & positive attitude!
Due to the current pandemic, it has become necessary to make the following changes to our guided hikes -
1. Advanced online registration and payment will be necessary to limit contact
2. Participants will be required to meet at the trail head - Transportation will not be provided
3. Face mask use is mandatory for all participants - please bring your own mask and use when in close proximity to others
4. Please bring your own hand sanitizer and use frequently
5. Space is limited to 6 participants
6. We will practice social distancing while hiking
Thank you for your understanding of these safety policies, we greatly appreciate your participation in keeping our community safe.