Saturday, Feb 01, 2020 6:30p -
Saturday, Feb 08, 2020 9:00p
2 Sewall Ave
Brookline, ma 02446
This Session : Meets on 2 Thursdays: March 19 and 26, 2020 : 6:30pm-9:00pm
Alternative Session : Meets on 2 Saturdays: Fabruary 1 and 8, 2020 : 10am-12:30pm
Experience the joy of handcraft combined with hi-tech machines. Create a high-quality, family heirloom while learning woodworking, laser cutting and design. Use hand and power tools, clamps and glue to build a beautiful keepsake board. Finish it off with your own laser-engraved design.
This is a two session class that covers woodworking basics, design and laser engraving. You will leave with a beautiful, hardwood, custom designed and engraved cutting board.
What you will do
- Create a design on paper that combines multiple types and widths of wood strips (maple, walnut and cherry).
- Learn to cut strips with the table saw and chop saw*
- Glue and clamp the strips into your chosen design
- Plane, sand and route your cutting boards
- Learn to design and laser cutting
- Engrave your design onto your finished cutting board**
- Finish with food grade oil
*You will not cut all your own strips due to time constraints
**Depending on designs and number of participants, you may need to return to pickup your engraved board"