A BOOK CLUB ZOOMS INTO A BAR (MIXED BEER PACK, AND ACCESS TO A LIVESTREAM BOOK CLUB CO-HOSTED BY THE LAMPLIGHTER TEAM AND THE CAMBRIDGE PUBLIC LIBRARY.)
You’re invited to the third session of our book club, where Lamp and Cambridge Public Library staff team up to highlight contemporary works from marginalized voices.
This month, we’ll read Heart Berries by Terese Marie Mailhot, a powerful, poetic memoir of a woman's coming of age on the Seabird Island Indian Reservation in the Pacific Northwest. Then we’ll gather on Monday, December 7th, from 7-8:30pm, to discuss this memoir, what we learned from it, what we found ourselves touched by, and what about it was hard and/or beautiful.
How it works: pre-order your beer tasting pack and/or ticket to save your space, and decide how you'll access the book (options below)! Then tune in to our zoom book club and tasting at 7:00 pm on Monday, 12/7. We'll send you the link to that on Friday 12/4.
Your beer+ ticket purchase includes:
– (1) 16oz can of our Cranberry Gose, Blame it On My Juice
– (1) 16oz can of our Chocolate Milk Stout, Everything is Cake
– (1) 16oz can of our IPA with Arctic Thyme, Sneaker Wave
– Access to our zoom-based beer school at 7:30 pm on 10/27
*We highly recommend purchasing beer with your rsvp to this event, just like you would at an in-person brewery book club! This session's beer pairing is meant to pair beautifully with your favorite holiday foods, and includes: We'll run through the beers and their tasting notes throughout the call. However, if the beer price feels inaccessible at the moment, please don't hesitate to register for a free ticket.
To access the book:
– Check out a copy on-site at the Main location of the Cambridge Public Library, at 449 Broadway. Just ask a staff person for the “Lamplighter book”! Hours of operation here.
– Email firstname.lastname@example.org
to borrow Lamp's copy.
– Access the e-book on Hoopla (or the Hoopla app) or OverDrive (or the Libby app).
– Access the e-audiobook on Hoopla (or the Hoopla app) or OverDrive (or the Libby app).
*If you do not yet have a library card and would like one, register for a digital version here.
Beer Pick Ups at the Brewery on Sunday and Monday, 12/6 and 12/7:
– Please pick-up all orders between 11am - 8pm
– If you'd like the order run out to your car, please call 617.945.0450 on arrival.