https://historycafecommongoods.eventbrite.com Workshop: Cambridge Common, History Cafe: Hong Kong Restaurant
Waterhouse St & Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02138
Art, Performing Arts
6-7pm: “Common Goods" Workshop (Cambridge Arts) Free.
Cambridge Common, at the Main Plaza / Civil War Monument
Demonstration and performance by artists Allison Smith & Judith Leeman. Free.
- How do common American crafts such as the Windsor chair inform the common good?
- Can they point us to a future "commons" that we want?
7:15-8:30pm: History Cafe (Cambridge Historical Society) Ticketed.
Hong Kong Restaurant, 1238 Mass. Ave. (Harvard Square). Ticketed.
Discussion with artists Allison Smith & Judith Leeman, joined by craft historian Ezra Shales. Led by Laura Roberts.
- How does personal and public art / craft contribute to "what Cambridge makes"?
- What do local colonial-era craft making traditions have to teach us about our shared present and future?
- Can participatory public art contribute to making a shared "commons"?
Check out Allison Smith's accompanying exhibit at the Carpenter Center for the Visual Arts.
This event is run in partnership with the Cambridge Arts Common Exchange Art Exhibition.