www.hotelmarlowe.com Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
25 Edwin H. Land Boulevard
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02141
Alcohol, Date Idea, Food, Nightlife
Get ready to slalom, salchow, speed skate and, of course, sip in Kimpton Marlowe Hotel's newest seasonal pop-up, Chalet Marlowe.
Launching on Friday, February 4th, and running through Friday, March 4th, Chalet Marlowe is reminiscent of your favorite ski lodge, complete with a roaring fireplace, apres ski cocktails and light bites, and lots of fun wrapped around all things winter games.
Step inside Kimpton Marlowe's Lobby Bar which has been transformed into a posh ski lodge like those found in Aspen, France or Switzerland. To complete this transformation on the Cambridge side of the Charles River, skis, skates, snow shoes and toboggans are scattered throughout the Chalet, to give you that warm, cozy feeling of kicking back and relaxing after a day of hitting the slopes. And classic games like Air Hockey and Don't Break the Ice are a great way to well, break the ice, with friends over winter spirits.
Faux sheepskin covers several couches and flannel covered chairs provide for comfortable and relaxed seating. Perfect if you want to unlace your boots while watching and cheering on the US in ski jumping, snowboarding or figure skating. TVs in the space will be broadcasting the big winter games, and Kimpton Marlowe Hotel's / Bambara Kitchen & Bar's Execute Chef Adam Resnick invites guests to fuel their flag-waving cheering with:
- Mozzarella and pesto arancini, marinara, lemon aoli, parmesan,
- Warm hummus, crispy pita, tahini, olive tapenade, house pickles
- Boneless fried chicken tenders, korean bbq sauce, pickled radish, gochugaru spiced fries
Of course, there will be seasonal cocktails to enjoy including some that will be served warm including:
- Soixante Quinze - Beefeater gin, lemon cordial, absinthe, bubble
- English Cup - Pimm's, lemon, mint, ginger beer
- Alpine Slide - Absolut vodka, tempus fugit cacao, cold brew, amaro, cream
- Glögg [served warm] - White wine, pierre ferrand cognac, cinnamon, lustau sherry, walnut, ginger, spice
And several Head to Head options (a beer & a shot pairing) such as:
Mexico (Negra Modelo) vs. USA (Buffalo Trace Bourbon)
Chalet Marlowe is located in the Lobby of the Kimpton Marlowe Hotel (@kimptonmarlowehotel) and is open Thursday - Saturday, 5-9pm. Winter Games will be broadcast ongoing.