This workshop provides an opportunity for expectant moms to release physical and mental tension and to learn tools helpful for labor and birth. The ability to deeply relax has a direct impact on both the length and pain of a woman's labor. With deep relaxation moms are able to release into the flow of labor and even (sometimes) feel less discomfort.
This workshop will include:
• Restorative yoga postures useful for labor and birth
• The mechanics of the Fear-Tension-Pain cycle and how to reverse this
• Visualizations for relaxation and calm birthing
• Pranayama for further relaxation and to work with the body's contractions
• Body scan relaxation for daily restorative practice
Restorative yoga is a fully supported style of yoga designed to promote deep relaxation throughout the nervous system. We will use props to create the shape of yoga postures and then allow gravity to do any opening. This practice is beneficial throughout pregnancy, and no prior yoga experience is necessary.
Photo: Rick Bern Photography
Share this event
08/02/2020 14:00:00 08/02/2020 16:00:0015Calm Mom, Calm Baby, Calm Birth with Kerry Hinds Restorative Yoga for Pregnancy and Birth
This workshop provides an opportunity for expectant moms to release physical and mental tension and to learn tools helpful for labor and birth. The abili... Down Under School of Yoga, Newton, MA 02460OrganizerOrganizer e-mailfalseDD/MM/YYYY Reddit