On Saturday, September 14, from NOON-to-3PM, the public is invited to attend the Build the Arts Open House to celebrate The Umbrella Arts Center’s newly constructed art gallery, ceramics studios, makerspace, classrooms, dance studio, and multitheater performing arts facilities in the historic Emerson School building at 40 Stow Street, Concord.
Free, family-friendly activities, exhibits, facility tours, and refreshments will be available throughout the afternoon.
Plus, visit the Umbrella Artist-in-Residence Exhibition featuring new work by Nicholas Mancini, created during his year-long live/work residency.
The Open House is just the first in a full season of free public events, opening celebrations, and expanded programming planned to commemorate The Umbrella’s expansion, to include:
- Art Ramble 2019, environmental public art at Hapgood Wright Town Forest, Concord
- Earth Press Project: Witness, community sculpture installed by Nancy Winship Milliken Studio at Minute Man Visitor Center, Lexington
- Story Art: Children’s Book Illustration Exhibition, in the new Umbrella Arts Main Gallery
- 42nd Street, inaugural performance by The Umbrella Stage Company in the new mainstage
- August Wilson’s Fences, opening performance in the new Umbrella Black Box theater
Learn more at TheUmbrellaArts.org