Tuesday, Apr 09, 2019 2:05p -
4 Yawkey Way
Date Idea, Sports & Active Life
The Red Sox open their 2019 home slate April 9 at Fenway Park, taking on the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Their first 11 games (in as many days) are on the road: Four at Seattle, four at Oakland, and three at Arizona.
- They are off on April 8, the day before the Fenway opener. They have 20 days off, not including the All-Star break.
- Boston has two days off prior to playing the Yankees at London Stadium on June 29 and June 30, the first major league games to ever be played in Europe. The team is also off on July 1, the day after the London series concludes.
- Other Sox vs. Yankees series: April 16-17 at Yankee Stadium, May 30-June 2 at Yankee Stadium, July 25-28 at Fenway Park, Aug. 2-4 at Yankee Stadium, Sept. 6-9 at Fenway Park.
- The Sox’ other interleague opponents are: Colorado Rockies (May 14-15 at Fenway, Aug. 27-28 at Coors Field); LA Dodgers (July 12-14 at Fenway, first trip to Boston since 2010); Philadelphia Phillies (Aug. 20-21 at Fenway, Sept. 14-15 at Citizens Bank Park); San Diego Padres (Aug. 23-25 at Petco Park); San Francisco Giants (Sept. 17-19 at Fenway).
- The Sox close the season with a three-game series on the road against the Texas Rangers.
- The Sox’ longest stretch without a day off: 20 straight games from April 19 to May 8.
- Their longest road trip: The 11-game swing to open the season.
- The All-Star Game is on July 9 at Progressive Field in Cleveland.
- The All-Star break is July 7-11.