https://p.ridj-it.com/app/trip-detail?id=58244 Alewife (Cambridge, MA 02140, USA)
Cambridge, MA 02140
Date Idea, Meetup, Social Good, Sports & Active Life
What are the biggest trees in Waterville Valley? How tall and old are they? Join your WVRD guide as we search for the "giants of the forest". In each monthly session, we will search a new area and record our findings as part of a citizen science project. Perhaps you will be part of a team that finds a new champion tallest tree!
An ideal activity for small groups and families!
Please meet outside the WVRD, 15 minutes before the start of the program.
What to bring:
1.Clothing appropriate for outdoor travel
2. Sturdy footwear
3. Backpack with water, snacks, extra clothing, & insect repellent
4. Fully charged phone
5. Eye protection (for off trail use)
Please Note: We will travel both on and off trail
Due to the current pandemic, it has become necessary to make the following changes to our guided hikes -
1. Advanced online registration and payment will be necessary to limit contact
2. Participants will be required to meet at the trail head - Transportation will not be provided
3. Face mask use is mandatory for all participants - please bring your own mask and use when in close proximity to others
4. Please bring your own hand sanitizer and use frequently
5. Space is limited to 6 participants
6. We will practice social distancing while hiking
Thank you for your understanding of these safety policies, we greatly appreciate your participation in keeping our community safe.