What would you like to be when you grow up? A doctor? A scientist? An engineer? Take learning beyond the books and experience life in the lab where you will imagine, explore, and learn with CuSTEMized and The Innovation Institute at this fun-filled, hands-on learning event!
- Learn from real scientists on how to be a scientist
- Use real lab equipment and tour Ti2's commercial-grade lab infrastructure
- Perform lab experiments to understand properties of materials
- Collaborate to engineer and construct a functional model of a joint
- Have fun with coloring pages featuring different science, technology, engineering, and other cool careers
- Hear from real scientists studying how do brains grows, how to cure cancer, and other scientific topics
- Take the science with you and keep on exploring with a goodie bag of science equipment to take home
Labs segments will be a preview of the Living in the Lab Series by The Innovation Institute. Families interested in furthering their children's education will have the opportunity to reserve a space for their kids to participate in the full series course at the Innovation Institute held four Sundays in October.
Each child will receive a goodie bag containing lab gear including a lab notebook, a lab apron, lab goggles, nitrile lab gloves, and a 30x microscope to take home in order to continue to build on what they've learned! Provided by Thermo Fisher Scientific and The Innovation Institute.
Highly recommended for kids ages 6 to 8. All families welcome.
The Innovation Institute (Ti2) is inspiring the next generation of scientists and engineers with STEM programs for young people ages 5-17. Ti2 understands that students learn best when they lead their own learning. Learning leadership involves specific approaches for success, which Ti2 has been fostering for five years. Additional courses and programs can be found at https://theinnovationinstitute.org
CuSTEMized engages, encourages, and empowers young girls in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) by providing them with tangible products and educational experiences that foster a positive scientific identity from a young age. For more information, please visit https://custemized.org/
Both Ti2 and CuSTEMized are 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations.