www.onecanhelp.org Online event
virtual, ma 02468
Innovation, Social Good, Virtual & Streaming
One Can Help's annual event is now a virtual one: May 5th 7-7:30pm and features Rev. Liz Walker, Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley and child advocates.
The mission of One Can Help is to address inequities in the juvenile court system by providing the critical resources at-risk youth, foster children and struggling families urgently need to remedy court concerns and improve difficult lives, which are not available elsewhere.
Usually this means we pay for items the prevent homelessness, support children’s needs or reduce the need for foster care, like:
• Beds or other basic needs so some kids in crisis can live with relatives rather that need foster care;
• Laptops so students can keep up with classmates, apply to college or look for jobs;
• Bus passes so aging out teens can get to job skills training;
• Train fare to help parents visit lonely children in distant foster care placements;
• Emergency rent to help families avoid homelessness during a temporary setback.
• After-school activities so at-risk kids are supervised and learning skills;
But right now, we are especially providing a lot of e-gift cards for food and basic needs, laptops for on-line learning, and more unique needs like storage units so foster youth in college have a safe place to store belongings while they search for housing, because people are so desperate for this assistance!
We have already helped almost 600 children and families across the state just since this pandemic began, and we hope to never turn anyone away.
More info can be found here. We would love for you to join us.
Meaningful access to justice requires meaningful access to resources.