Join "American Veteran" and the Military Women's Memorial for a panel discussion and highlights from the multi-platform "American Veteran" initiative.
• Kelly Kennedy, Moderator, Project Consulting Producer, award-winning journalist and Army veteran
• Mitchelene BigMan, President and Founder, Native American Women Warriors, and Army veteran
• Shain Brenden, Comedian, writer, actor; Navy veteran; and host of "American Veteran: Keep it Close"
• Shoshana Johnson, Author of I’m Still Standing, Army veteran and ex-POW
• Edie Meeks, RN and Army Nurse Corps veteran, Vietnam
• Judith Vecchione, Co-Executive Producer of "American Veteran"
ABOUT "AMERICAN VETERAN"
"American Veteran" is a story told through personal remembrances, drawing civilian viewers into an unfamiliar culture. From hosts to interviewees, everyone is a veteran. In war and in peace, what veterans have done in our nation’s name and how they have been treated is an essential part of the American story.
The "American Veteran: Keep it Close" digital series drops bi-weekly through Jan. 11th on PBS’ Voices YouTube channel. "American Veteran: Unforgettable Stories" podcast drops weekly through Dec. 14. Four-part PBS broadcast airs and streams weekly starting Tuesday, Oct. 26 at 9/8c. Major funding for "American Veteran" is provided by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and others.