https://www.eventbrite.com/e/american-rendezvous-2022-registration-260600642537?aff=tbc Founders Memorial Turf Facility
570 Somerville Ave.
Somerville, MA 02143
Classes, Good for Groups, Outside, Sports & Active Life
A multi-day parkour & movement event featuring instruction by guest coaches from across the globe with training and workshops for all!
About this event
Come join this international event which brings together coaches and participants from across the globe for a weekend of shared experiences and great training. We’re back in Somerville/Boston and we’re looking forward to welcoming the community back after two long years!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Meet & Greet session to kick off the event on Friday - limited spots available!
- Two and a half days (16+ hours) of coaching from some of the world's most experienced parkour instructors hailing from around the world.
- 10-12 modules and workshops covering a range of parkour-related topics including modules about strength & conditioning, recovery and recuperation, nutrition, mental training, and the spiritual/philosophical side of training. Plus a few surprises!
- A "Kids-only" setup and schedule for ages 8-13yo.
- An awesome weekend of training and fun!
EVENT SCHEDULE & LOCATIONS - Will be posted closer to event
"Ghost Pass" (Friday + Saturday + Sunday + bonus sessions)
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE !
"Full Package" (Friday + Saturday + Sunday)
"Weekend Warrior" (Saturday + Sunday)
Saturday Only (Adults/Teens)
Saturday Only (Kids ages 8-13)
***Group Discounts are available for out-of-town organizations attending with 4 or more people- email [email protected] for details***
TRANSPORTATION & ACCOMMODATION
To the Event
Participants will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the events sites each day. There is an efficient and inexpensive public transport network within Boston and all sites will be easily accessible via public transportation.
The city can be reached via bus (Greyhound, Megabus, Bolt Bus, Peter Pan, etc.), train (Amtrak, Commuter Rail), and air (Boston Logan Airport- all major airlines).
Food & Accommodation
Local restaurants and eateries will be nearby during lunch each day and some will provide discounted fare for attendees. Participants are responsible for their own food and accommodations for the duration of the event. Contact [email protected] about discounted accommodation in the area or to find a local host (limited spaces available).
The Cambria, Somerville - Discount available, details via booking confirmation page.
Porter Square Inn, Cambridge - Discount available, details via booking confirmation page.
Holiday Inn, Somerville - Discount available, details via booking confirmation page.
HI Hostel, Boston
Local campsites - Reserve America
- ADAPT Level 2 candidates that are registered for the ADAPT L2 Assessments before ARDV, or the ADAPT L2 Coaching Course after ARDV, will receive a code for a 50% discount to ARDV after registering through the ADAPT website. You'll pay the difference in blood, sweat and/or tears.
- ADAPT Level 1 candidates interested in completing some of their required Supervised Coaching Sessions at the event should email [email protected] for availability. (Limited availability - references may be requested)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I've never done parkour before, is ARDV a good place for me to start?
YES! This is probably one of the best places in the world to learn parkour as you will have lots of very experienced coaches from around the world on hand to lead you through the basics. Groups will be separated based on experience level and energy level at various times throughout the event to help make sure that everyone is challenged.
How are you handling COVID safety?
We take the health and wellbeing of the parkour community, our guest coaches, and the wider community very seriously. We'll be taking a number of steps in the interest of public health this year according to municipal and state guidelines.
I've been training for a while, is ARDV a good event for me to attend?
Yes, the event will have participants from all around the country coming together to train and share their love of movement. Groups will be separated based on experience level and energy level at various times throughout the event to help make sure that everyone is challenged.
I've really, really, really good though. What can I learn?
Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered.
Is there an age limit to enter the event?
Friday and Sunday are both 14+ (exceptions made for kids in the PkGen Boston Monkey Squad or from an advanced class with another PkGen branch) but Saturday is open to kids ages 8 - 13 and there will be a kids-specific schedule and training area.
Is there a discount for groups?
Yes, there is a discount for groups of 4 or more people coming from out-of-town. Consult the registration tab or contact [email protected] for more details.
What should I bring to ARDV?
- Weather appropriate clothing (for summer in New England). Sweatpants, shorts, t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, light jacket (a spare t-shirt is recommended, you will sweat... a lot)
- Water bottle
- Snacks to maintain energy levels (dried fruit, nuts, fruit, granola bars, etc...)
- A small backpack to store gear and valuables (Parkour Generations Americas and the venues will not be held responsible for the safekeeping of valuables).
What is the refund policy?
Due to the nature of this event, all registrations are non-refundable.
Who can I contact with additional questions?
Contact [email protected] with any additional questions about the event.
How is this amazing event made possible at this price?
Through the generosity of our local sponsors who subsidize a lot of the costs involved with putting it on! And thanks to the City of Somerville and the every-growing and amazing parkour community in Boston and around the country!