About This Workshop
Scrum is used extensively, but not exclusively, in web and software development. Everyone from developers to business execs are now expected to know how to work using Scrum, but few are taught it and many struggle along with misinformed ideas. This workshop will cover the main principles and ideas underpinning agile and why using Scrum is the best way to run certain projects. Through games, hands-on practice and project simulations, you’ll be armed with the knowledge of how to use Scrum on a day-to-day basis.
In this workshop, we’ll:
- review the Agile Manifesto and principles
- explore the roles in Scrum
- go through the planning process (including product backlogs, sprint backlogs, prioritisation, sizing and estimation, and velocity)
- run sprints (including the daily Scrum)
- look at the review and improvement process (including sprint reviews and retrospectives)
This workshop is aimed at anyone who wants to know more about agile and Scrum. Knowledge on how to use Scrum is particularly important to those involved in web development, software engineering and business development, but it isn’t limited to the tech industry.