Down Under School of Yoga
1054 Beacon Street
Brookline, MA 02446
A Zoom invitation email will go out to pre-registered students one hour before the workshop begins, and again 15 minutes before. Please make sure we have the correct email address on file for you so you receive your invitation! Contact the studio at 617-661-6565 with any questions.
This workshop is designed to help new moms recover strength and tone in their core body muscles following pregnancy and birth. The workshop will include:
* Experiential anatomy to feel the different layers of muscles in the abdominal wall
* Pelvic floor exercises and how to work them seamlessly into your day
* The proper way to do "crunches"
* Progressive exercises which can be done at whatever level your body is ready for
* How and when to return to jogging and running activities safely
This is not just a sit-up fest! We will incorporate front, back, and base core exercises with an eye to developing an overall strong center able to respond to everything from sneezing to running to vinyasa yoga.
Beneficial for any moms at least 4 weeks postpartum. Mom should be cleared for light exercise by a care provider.
Photo: Rick Bern Photography