Saturday, Jun 24, 2017 11:00a -
Benjamin Franklin Institute
41 Berkeley Street
South End, MA 02116
Art, Festivals & Fairs, Food, Music, Alcohol, Date Idea
Get FREE or half-price tickets to Saturday's festival here: http://bit.ly/2tFjcpY
Get half-price tickets to Friday's Rum & Brew Tasting here: http://bit.ly/2sHo1BZ
The 5th Boston JerkFest is an out-door/in-door family-friendly Caribbean style foodie festival features Jamaican jerk hot spiced food and spicy foods, live music, Chef Demos, and fun for the whole family. Located in the South End and home of Boston's foodie epicenter, the event takes at the Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology, 41 Berkeley Street, south End, Boston. The festival has been featured by Zagat as one of the top 10 summer food events in Boston. Here is our media page so you can see our coverage and reviews.
The spicy festivities go down on Saturday, June 24, 2017 for two sessions: 11am-3 pm and 4-8 pm. At the festival, top local Caribbean Chefs will sell authentic jerk-spiced foods and traditional Caribbean home-made beverages for sale. A Spice Lane will have specialty foods such as: spicy jams, hot sauces, chutneys, spices and spicy desserts for sale. The festival offers live music featuring reggae and steel band music. Chef demos throughout includes a Seafood Throwdown (Session 1) and a Jerk Cook-Off (Session 2). The Kids Zone with have hands-on interactive arts and crafts and activities for children of all ages. The Reggae Bar will have tropical cocktails, spirits, craft beer and wine for sale. The Reggae Lounge, offers cocktail demos from our sponsors, games, photo booth, and more. Ethnic arts and crafts will also be for sale by local and regional vendors.
- Top local Caribbean Chefs offering authentic jerk-spiced foods and traditional Caribbean home-made beverages for sale
- Live music featuring reggae and steel band music
- Seafood Throwdown Competition in Session 1
- Jerk Cook-off Competition in Session 2
- The Jerk Bar will have tropical cocktails, spirits, craft beer, mead, cider, wine and artisan beverage will be for sale
- Spice Lane including specialty foods such as: spicy jams, nuts, and desserts
- Kids Zone with hands-on interactive arts and crafts and activities for children of all ages
- Arts and craft vendors
- Reggae Lounge
The 2-day festival kicks off with the Rum & Brew Tasting @ Boston JerkFest on Friday, June 23, 2017 from 6-9:30 pm and offers unlimited tastings of local and international spirits, cocktails, craft beer, mead, hard cider, and wine. The Rum & Brew Tasting will include Cocktail Demos featuring vendors who will stir up the best “Irie” drinks made from products featured at the Rum & Brew Tasting. We’ve also introduced a Caribbean Cocktail Throwdown with some of Boston’s hottest Mixologists competing for bragging rights and a trophy for Boston’s best Caribbean cocktail. New this year is the Reggae Lounge, an adult chill-out spot with activated tasting stations from our sponsors, games, photo booth, and more. Ethnic arts and crafts will also be for sale by local and regional vendors.
What’s include with Rum & Brew Tasting General Admission Tickets:
- Beverage Sampling: Unlimited sampling of rum, other spirits, craft beer, mead, hard cider, wine and artisan beverages
- 2017 Caribbean Cocktail Throwdown: Featuring Boston’s best Mixologist competing for bragging rights and winner of the Boston’s best Caribbean cocktail.
- Cocktail Demos - Showcases featured cocktails from participating vendors stirring up the best “Irie” drinks
- Jerk bites for sale at reasonable prices
- Reggae Lounge - an adult hang out spot with games, demos and more
What’s Included with Rum & Brew VIP Admission Tickets:
- All of the above benefits
- Complimentary entry for a session of your choice for the food festival on Saturday, June 24th ($20 value)
- Exclusive ½ hour early access to Rum & Brew Tasting at 6:00pm access (priceless)
- Fast lane VIP line to enter event (priceless)
- One complimentary food sampling ticket to be redeemed by any vendor ($7.00)
- JerkFest welcome goodie bag ($20+)
More info: http://bostonjerkfest.com/