View the 125th Boston Marathon Opening Celebration & Fan Fest here.
The Boston Marathon is the world's oldest annual marathon and ranks as one of the world's most prestigious road racing events. The Boston Athletic Association manages this American classic, which is sponsored by John Hancock Financial Services. The Boston Marathon has distinguished itself as the pinnacle event within the sport of road racing by virtue of its traditions, longevity and method of gaining entry into the race (via qualification).
Here's some general information if you're planning to watch the race:
1) The race starts on Main Street in Hopkinton, MA and finishes on Beacon Street in front of the Boston Public Library. Here is a helpful course map.
2) The mobility impaired will be the first to leave the starting line at 8:50AM. Elite woman will leave at 9:32AM, elite men at 10:00AM.
3) The first to cross the finish line are elite woman and men runners, usually after 11:30AM. First, second, and third wave runners will continue to finish well into the late afternoon.
5) Public drinking is a no-no. You need to have a disguised container; DO NOT carry a backpack.
6) Day drinking is encouraged. If you're watching the race in the homestretch, grab a drink at one of the many bars and restaurants along the route. Cleveland Circle is always a great place to watch. In Brookline you've got Hopsters and Publick House, in in Fenway we highly recommend Eastern Standard, and near the finish line you can go to Forum, Solas, the Pour House, or many other bars.
7) Check out the BAA's spectator info page. It's very helpful.
11/10/2021 08:50:00 11/10/2021 16:00:0015125th Boston Marathon <b>View the 125th Boston Marathon Opening Celebration & Fan Fest <a href="https://www.thebostoncalendar.com/events/125th-boston-marathon-opening-celebration-fan-fest">here</a></b>.
The Boston M... Hopkington to Boston, Boston, MA OrganizerOrganizer e-mailfalseDD/MM/YYYY Reddit