Our monthly Whiskey Tasting series is hosting a special event in honor of the Preakness Stakes. Michael, our Beverage Director, and Andy traveled to the Sagamore Spirit Distillery earlier this year to taste some special ryes. While there, they also visited the Sagamore farm that raises thoroughbreds. So we’re bringing together whiskey and thoroughbreds for this event.
This special whiskey tasting will feature 4 ryes selected by Michael plus a family-style Pit Master dinner. The event will finish with a viewing of the 144th running of the Preakness Stakes where each guest will be paired up with a horse for a chance to receive a special prize.
What to drink?
- Sagamore Signature Rye
- Cask Strength Rye
- Moscatel Barrel Finished Whiskey
- Port Finish (World’s Best Rye Whiskey, 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Competition)
- Plus a signature welcome cocktail
What to do?
- Each guest is assigned a horse name. If your horse name wins the Preakness Stakes, you get a prize! We encourage you to dress for the occasion.
What to eat?
- Family-Style Pit Master dinner
Your ticket includes the whiskey tasting, a special welcome cocktail and our Pit Master dinner.