Saturday, Aug 17, 2019 4:00p -
1 Bow Market Way
Somerville, MA 02143
Alcohol, Festivals & Fairs, Food, Party
In advance of our one-year anniversary, which falls on Oktoberfest and is thus convenient for no one, we invite you to join us at Bow Market on 8/17 for a day of wine fandom and general carousal. We're pulling out all the stops to recreate our favorite, European-style, backyard-at-the-winery hangs in the Bow Market courtyard, featuring way too much wine and lots of grilled things on sticks. LET'S GET WEIRD.
Here's what we're lining up:
- An industry-style walk-around tasting of dozens of rare + unusual + just plain delicious wines from our friends at Louis Dressner, SelectioNaturel + Olmstead Wine (plus a few secret things we've stashed away for the past year). We'll have a bunch of one-off bottles of cool shit, and the selection will rotate throughout the day.
- A porron-pouring contest! We provide the porrons and the wine, you get a team of 2 together and pour from the 2nd floor balcony into your teammate's mouth (hopefully). Prizes awarded in the form of $25 Rebel Rebel gift certificates for style and least spillage. Also: you win the honor and admiration of your friends and loved ones just by participating.
- A cookout! Enjoy your wines alongside a selection of grilled foods on sticks from our Bow Market food vendor friends! Fish from Hooked! Veg from Saus! Meat from other folks!
- A live DJ set by the one + only Jules Dressner, fresh from NYC.
- Good vibes.
You won't need a ticket to get into Bow Market or Rebel Rebel for business as usual. But you WILL need a ticket if you want to taste through all of these dope wines we're curating.
WHAT YOUR TICKET INCLUDES:
- Good vibes.
- Unlimited access to one walk-around tasting session of dozens of rare + delicious wines, poured by some of the wine industry's most badass folks.
- First dibs on the porron contest signups!
AS IS OUR WAY, a portion of ticket sales will be donated to Planned Parenthood.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be 2 2-hour tasting sessions. The first session is from 4-6PM. The second session is from 7-9PM. Your ticket purchase gets you access to one session, so please make note of the time indicated on your ticket. We will only honor your purchase for the session indicated on your ticket.
The porron competition will be held from 6PM-7PM, while our wine pouring friends take a break. Signups will be via email in advance of the event date. We'll reach out to you with signup requests!
TICKET SALES END 8/16
A LIMITED NUMBER OF TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR FOR $60