https://www.eventbrite.com/e/molding-the-mind-into-an-instrument-tickets-42242588720 YMAA Boston
756 South Street
Roslindale, MA 02131
Innovation, Lectures & Conferences, Social Good
Our daily lives are filled with things to remember, places to be, bills to pay, phones ringing, emails pinging, Facebook, Twitter, news alerts and more all demanding our attention. It is no surprise that most people feel distracted and stressed out on a regular basis. In this intro class we will be exploring the nature of our thoughts and learning to raise our focus and attention to the present moment through the practice of meditation. By learning to relax into the present moment, we can practice allowing distractions to melt away and truly come into touch with our basic nature of kindness and relaxed happiness.
This class will focus on:
- Developing a personal and transformational meditation practice.
- Training our focus and attention.
- Developing a deep sense of inner peace and tranquility.
- Training the mind to focus on the present moment by learning to dismiss distractions
and habitual thinking.
- Working with acceptance, gratitude and non-judgment on a daily basis.
- Training the mind to notice and experience joy as often as possible.
- Using positive regard to strengthen personal relationships
- Noticing and enhancing the best and most virtuous parts of ourselves
Note: Your first class is always on the house! Regular classes are $15 drop in, no one turned away due to lack of funds. Come join us this Sunday and check it out....