Sunday, Apr 21, 2019 11:00a -
Jamaica Plain Meeting Spot
Boston, Massachusetts 02130
< 21, Alcohol, Business, Date Idea, Food, Innovation, Kid Friendly, LGBT, Meetup, University
Off The Beaten Path Food Tours - Jamaica Plain, Boston Food Tour
Ongoing Sundays year-round, 11am
Nearest T Stop: Orange Line to Green Street
Our friendly guides will take you on a delicious culinary journey around the center of Jamaica Plain, Boston to sample some of the most inventive, delicious eats in the City of Boston and learn about this tight-knit and diverse neighborhood.
Book via www.offthebeatenpathfoodtours.com
full Boston tour calendar here.
It's a known secret that Jamaica Plain -- or "JP" to the locals -- has some of the tastiest and freshest food in Boston, but it's a bit hidden from the "beaten path" destinations such as nearby Fenway Park. In fact, some JP residents want to keep it that way, and this tight-knit community is definitely keen on preserving the neighborly feel. Originally part of Roxbury, Jamaica Plain was first home to wealthy and middle class residents who wanted to summer or live outside of the city where they worked. Later on, JP has become very well known for America's First Craft Beer, Sam Adams, which is still brewed here today.
On this exciting tour, we will take you around the popular Centre Street center of JP, which is chock full of delicious eats. We will sample a variety of local, independent concepts often owned by JP residents themselves.
This food tours runs approximately 2 hours, with 5-6 stops and includes all tastings. After the tour, there is an optional extension to hear stories about breweries in JP and visit nearby micro-craft brewery with our guide (a 15 minute walk) that's already yielded quite a following.
$55/pp includes all food tastings + City of Boston tax
Optional: $15/pp additional fee for trip to local brewery afterwards
This tour is suitable for all ages. Must purchase tickets in advance.
We also run a popular Jamaica Plain Vegan Chocolate Tour on Saturdays at 2pm.
Tour sold out or can't make it this time? Join us on another tour! We also offer other Boston Food Tours and Chocolate Tours:
- Jamaica Plain Vegan Chocolate Tour on Saturdays at 2pm
- Harvard Square Chocolate Tour on Saturdays at 2pm and 5pm [https://www.offthebeatenpathfoodtours.com/harvard-square-chocolate.html
- Harvard Square Food Tour on Sundays at 11:30am [https://www.offthebeatenpathfoodtours.com/harvard-square-food.html
- Davis Square, Somerville Food Tour on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 10am and 2pm and some weekdays [https://www.offthebeatenpathfoodtours.com/davis-square.html
- Union Square, Somerville Food Tour on Sundays at 2pm [https://www.offthebeatenpathfoodtours.com/union-square-food.html
- Central Square, Cambridge Food and Mural Arts Tour on Saturdays at 12:30pm [https://www.offthebeatenpathfoodtours.com/central-square-cambridge.html
- Kendall Square, Cambridge Food and Innovation Tour on Saturdays at 2pm [https://www.offthebeatenpathfoodtours.com/kendall-square-cambridge.html
- Lowell Downtown Food Tour on Saturdays at 11:30am [https://www.offthebeatenpathfoodtours.com/kendall-square-cambridge.html
- Lowell Mill No 5 Indoor Market Tour on Sundays at 3pm [https://www.offthebeatenpathfoodtours.com/lowell-mill-no-5-tour.html