Friday, Apr 20, 2018 3:30p -
Classic Harbor Line
60 Rowes Wharf
Boston, Massachusetts 02110
Alcohol, Date Idea, Food, Kid Friendly
Get discounted tickets with this link:
Step aboard Northern Lights for a 2-hour sightseeing cruise to discover the history and mystery of our New England Harbor town, Boston. Boston Harbor is home to 34 islands and nearly every island has a story to tell. From its’ fortifications and hauntings to lighthouses and wildlife sanctuaries. The harbor is full of rich and unique history that will keep your attention throughout the trip. While aboard enjoy an 8 oz. Cup of New England Clam chowder, on us! It’s a staple here in Boston, and you can’t have a New England experience without it. Cape Cod author, Joseph C. Lincoln describes clam chowder as,“… a dish to preach about, to chant praises and sing hymns and burn incense before. To fight for. The Battle of Bunker Hill was fought for—or on—clam chowder; part of it at least, I am sure it was. It is as American as the Stars and Stripes, as patriotic as the national Anthem. It is 'Yankee Doodle in a kettle.'"
* Great for getting perfect Boston Skyline pictures
* View the steeple of the Old North Church, Bunker Hill Monument, USS Cassin Young, and the USS Constitution
* Pass by Fort Independence and take in views of Boston's Seaport District
* See Spectacle Island, which has been transformed by the Big Dig Project of Boston
* Cruise by Long Island and see Long Island Head Light, one of our nation's first made of cast iron.
* Check out the mysterious sunken island known as Nixes Mate marked by a black and white nautical structure
* Fort Warren on George's Island and hear about the mysterious woman in black
* Other islands on this trip: Lovell's Island that is famous for many shipwrecks, Gallops Island, Deer Island where Boston's water treatment facility is located, and Rainsford Island.
* In the distance, on our cruise, you may be able to see Graves Lighthouse and Boston Light, the oldest lighthouse in America.