Wednesday, Jul 04, 2018 8:00p -
Rose Kennedy Greenway
High Street at Atlantic Avenue
Boston, MA 02110
< 21, Date Idea, Festivals & Fairs, Food, Kid Friendly, Meetup, Music, Nightlife
Join us on The Greenway for an evening of live-streamed entertainment straight from the Hatch Shell!
The Greenway Live Screening of the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular takes place on July 4th, with a massive screen covering all the live action in HD. The concert broadcast begins at 8:00pm and concludes with live-streamed fireworks from 10:30pm to 11:00pm (subject to change). Thank you to our major sponsor and media partner Bloomberg, and our presenting sponsor Eaton Vance.
The screening will take place on The Greenway on the large plaza and lawn at Atlantic Avenue and High Street. We strongly recommend public transportation to get to The Greenway’s downtown location. This location is a 5 minute walk from the Aquarium stop on the Blue Line and an 8 minute walk from the State Street stop on the Orange Line or the South Station stop on the Red Line/Commuter Rail. For more MBTA information please call (617) 222-3200 or visit http://www.mbta.com
. If you decide to drive to this event, there are several public parking garages in the area.
This event is free and open to the public. Admittance to the event is on a first-come, first-served basis. If this event reaches capacity, people will be asked to cross the street outside of this park area.
- Restrooms: There will be several public restrooms on-site and open during viewing hours.
- Concessions: We are working to book several Greenway food trucks this evening and will update with trucks and times on our Facebook page.
Event Rules--What You Can and Can’t Bring
To ensure the safety of all visitors to The Greenway, the following rules will be strictly enforced on July 4.
- Cloth blankets or towels.
- Folding chairs.
- Coolers that can be carried in with straps. No ice or liquids can be dumped anywhere on The Greenway.
- Non-alcoholic drinks and food in plastic containers.
- No pop up tents or plastic tarps or blankets.
- No firearms, weapons, sharp objects or fireworks.
- No glass containers.
- No grilling, propane tanks or open flames.
- No Alcoholic beverages.
- Bicycles can be walked along The Greenway but must not be left unattended as a public safety measure and crowd management in the event a speedy evacuation becomes necessary. Bicycles attached or locked to park benches, poles, or other structures may be subject to removal. Bike racks are located on and near the event location.