Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 11:00a -
Rose Kennedy Greenway
Atlantic Ave & Milk St
Boston, MA 02110
Festivals & Fairs, Food, Lectures & Conferences, Social Good
New England's largest one-day farmers market and premier food event promoting the joys and benefits of eating local food.
Produced by the Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts, Boston Local Food Festival is a free outdoor festival that features local food vendors, farmers, fishermen, lively chef & DIY demos, butchering demos, a seafood throw-down competition, diverse music and performances, a family fun zone, and more. Festival goers learn about the benefits of sustainably grown and produced food, shop the market, eat delicious local food, participate in fun, educational activities and exhibits, engage with top local chefs, and enjoy local music. Themed "Healthy Local Food for All", the festival connects Massachusetts and New England eaters of all backgrounds with the abundance of fresh, nutritious local food choices available close to home.
- Freshly harvested produce and seafood from farmers and fishermen
- Scrumptious, $6 servings, featuring locally grown foods
- Entertaining demonstrations and competitions by chefs and other food experts
- Lively local music of many cultural tastes
- Engaging exhibitions and playful activities for the kid in all of us
- Interactive workshops featuring local food leaders
- Food-inspired arts and crafts
- Recycling and sustainable practices for minimal waste