Saturday, Mar 04, 2017 7:00p -
Central Wharf Co.
160 Milk Street
Boston, MA 02109
Alcohol, Date Idea, Food, Nightlife, Party, Social Good
Back by popular demand…the next Spread Positivity COMPLIMENT pre-PARTY is now set, for Saturday, March 4, 2017! Come join us again for the ultimate positive-energy pre-party in Boston! $20 cover gets you in with a great mix of people, free food, and 2 free drink tickets. Party is EARLY and runs from 7-10pm, but since your cover gets you in for the entire night, so you can stick around and enjoy the DJ, dancing and revelry until 2am (normal cover is $10, so this is really like getting dinner and 2 drinks for only $10). All are welcome—simply show up, pay at the door, and get your fun on!
In the spirit of Spreading Positivity, this is again a "Compliment Party." Why? And what does that mean, anyway? The idea behind this event is to bring together nice people and emphasize two very basic principles:
1) The value of using an honest compliment as a way to make another person feel good.
2) The importance of consciously acknowledging and thanking people who often get taken for granted.
So, there are some rules…
Regarding the free drinks:
- You are NOT allowed to use your free drink tickets on yourself. You can only use them to get someone else a drink – someone who complimented you :-)
- So, compliment many people, and hope that they get you a drink!
- [Note: while complimenting the bartenders is encouraged, that does NOT count as a compliment for free-drink-getting purposes, sorry haha]
To get the free food, you must promise to:
- Smile and introduce yourself to each member of the Central Wharf staff and thank them for their help.
- Thank and appreciate the nice people who are working hard to enable us to have a great event!
So, come enjoy great food, free drinks, and lots of Positivity! It will be an amazing way to start your Saturday night. All nice people are welcome, so bring your friends, but come early because we will hit capacity!
Spread Positivity is a nonprofit campaign to highlight the power of real-world human interaction, and to encourage people to try in their daily lives to be positive, kind, empathetic and proactively seek simple opportunities to help others without wanting anything in return.