We'll have several flavors of authentic Mexican tamales, charro beans (pinto beans with bacon, jalapenos, and tomatos), and esquites (corn off the cob with cheese, mayo, and spices), plus a variety of salsas from Dorchester's Mr.Tamole! This is some perfect chilly weather food right here, and is guaranteed to fill the taproom with incredible smells and treats!
What is a tamale?
Not quite a burrito, in no way a fajita, and not even close to being a taco, a tamale is made of corn-based dough (or maize), and can be filled with beef, chicken, pork, chilli, cheese, beans or vegetables. Tamales come wrapped in a leaf paper (green banana, plaintain or corn husk), are held together by a string, and are square in shape, and large (about the size of a man's hand). To serve, just boil, microwave or steam to heat up. Add some salsa, guacamole or hot sauce and enjoy!
- Mole Tamales: mole sauce( *peanuts,* sesame seeds, *almonds, chocolate, and more) with chicken
- Green salsa tamales: green salsa, jack cheddar cheese, chicken
Red salsa tamales: red salsa, jack cheddar cheese, pork
- Vegan tamales: green salsa, sweet peas, carrots, corn and green beans, potatoes and red peppers
- Sweet coco tamales: Coconut, coconut oil, coconut milk and sugar
- Pinto Beans tamales: Pinto beans mixed in masa, pork and jack cheddar cheese
- Chile Poblano tamale: Jack cheddar cheese, chile poblano and corn
- Charro beans and tamal of your choice
- Charro Beans: Pinto beans, tomato, jalapenos, garlic, onion, cilantro and bacon
- Esquites: little corn cup, corn boiled with spices then mixed with lime juice, chili powder, cheese and mayonnaise.