Carry on the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Join us for a day of free admission to the Museum and participate in community-building art, movement and performance with local luminaries committed to social justice and healing. The Gardner comes alive with movement. Marsha Parrilla presents Danza Orgánica, contemporary dance theater committed to social justice through the performing arts. Join Leslie Salmon Jones and Jeff Jones founders of Afro Flow Yoga, for an embodied experience of music, movement, and reflection inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. In the Bertucci Education Studio, work alongside local artist and community activistIfé Franklin. All are welcome. No experience necessary.
PROGRAM FOR THE DAY:
- 11:30 am - 12:15 pm: Afro Flow Yoga - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. tribute through movement and music
- 12:30 - 1 pm: Intro to the Gardner talk
- 1:15 - 2 pm: Afro Flow Yoga - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. tribute through movement and music
- 3:30 - 4:30 pm - Danza Organica - Running in Stillness dance performance
- Free admission will be available at the Museum entrance on Monday, January 18 starting at 11 am, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- To ensure everyone’s experience at the Museum is pleasant, entry is timed every 30 minutes beginning at 11 am, with the last entry at 4 pm.
- Due to capacity regulations, the Museum may only admit a specific number of visitors at once. For your safety and the safety of the collection, visitors may be asked to wait in line to enter.
- Admission includes access to the entire Museum, including special exhibitions.