Celebrate the Year of the Rooster at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston with free admission all day long! Explore Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese art and traditions while enjoying activities, demonstrations, and performances throughout the day.
• Go on a tour or talk highlighting works of art in the Art of Asia galleries; tours will be available in English, American Sign Language and Mandarin.
• Drop in on hands-on art-making activities to create your own masterpieces to take home—including printmaking and bok jumani.
• Watch exciting presentations of of Gong-Fu, Chinese martial arts, and participate in an interactive demonstration of Saebae, a Korean New Year’s ceremony.
• Join a panel discussion and presentation to learn about the various traditions and celebrations of Tet, the Vietnamese New Year, through personal stories, demonstrations, and more.
• Enjoy a variety of musical and dance performances throughout the Museum—including Lion dances performed by Gund Kwok Asian Women's Lion & Dragon Dance Troupe!
Lunar New Year is presented in partnership with Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center - BCNC, the Korean Cultural Society of Boston, Viet-AID (Vietnamese American Initiative For Development), and the Chinese Culture Connection.