Friday, Apr 21, 2017 10:00a -
Boston Convention & Exhibition Center
415 Summer St.
Boston, MA 02210
Innovation, Kid Friendly
Are you interested in learning about brain health? People of all ages are sure to discover something new at the Brain Health Fair, presented by the American Academy of Neurology (AAN). This free, one-day-only event includes fun, hands-on activities, and connects the public with some of the best and brightest neurologists in the world to learn the latest advances in the treatment of neurologic disorders.
The Brain Health Fair is open to all Boston area neurology patients, caregivers, families, students and anyone interested in brain health. Diseases that will be covered during the event include multiple sclerosis, memory disorders, epilepsy, stroke, movement disorders, neuromuscular disease, headache, concussion, traumatic brain injury, pediatric neurology and others. The event will include how to spot a concussion, dance therapy, support groups, activities for kids and teens, and free giveaways and resources.
Activities of special interest for patients, families, and caregivers:
• “Ask a Neurologist” booths—talk to expert neurologists
• Learn about the latest treatments and research advances
• Get prevention and healthy lifestyle tips
• Pick up free resources
• Walk through an inflatable, interactive brain
• Hold an actual human brain
• View animal brains—from mouse to dolphin
• Create brain-inspired arts and crafts
• Learn how nerves govern your senses at the cranial nerve stations
• Pick up a free bike helmet at the helmet giveaway (supplies limited)
The Brain Health Fair is presented by the American Academy of Neurology, which will bring an estimated 13,000 neurologists and health care professionals to Boston, April 22-28 for its 69th Annual Meeting, the world’s largest gathering of neurologists.